Thursday, January 14, 2010

Children and Prayer

I cannot believe it has been a year since partnering together through this blog to pray for our children! I am excited to be posting the second annual "Children and Prayer Challenge" coming up next week! This time in January last year, a handful of moms joined together through this blog community and prayed for our children through different topics, convictions, and prayer focuses. I am so excited to join together again and start off 2010 praying for our children!



I will be posting a new blog each day as a prayer guide for praying for our children, starting on Monday, January 18th and ending on Friday, January 29th. (We will skip the weekend...or use it as some catch-up time). I want to invite you as moms (and dads), followers of this blog, and friends to join me in praying and start 2010 with surrendered hearts on behalf of our children. We will be praying through different focuses throughout the 10 days similar to last year. Some focuses may be repeated and some will be fresh for this year...please use the guides as best fits you and your family.
Also, please remember that you can comment here on the blog and share of the Lord's leading in your prayer time. It is a great way to encourage others who are participating in the challenge! Check back on previous posts throughout the 10 days to be spurred on as you pray. This is a great way to be in community with others even if we can't meet face to face!
Hebrews 10:23-25 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another."

"See" you on Monday! :)


1 comment:

Amber said...

Hillarie, I am so excited about this again...especially with the new baby coming in just 12 days! I have been ordered to have more down-time, so I am going to have even more time to focus on this challenge! Thanks!