“There is no liberty except liberty of someone making his way towards something…such a man can be set free if you will teach him the meaning of thirst and how to trace a path to a well...”
Antoine de Saint-Exupery (Author of “The Little Prince” 1900-1944)

As our children grow, they are ever learning and ever changing. They are on a journey and before them is a pathway filled with unknowns…beauty…mystery...challenges…choices. Today we are praying with a focus on truth and freedom. As we search the Bible for understanding of truth and freedom, we learn that Jesus says, “I am the way, the truth and the life”(John 14:6). Though the quote above is an author’s take on freedom, I believe that the “something” and the “well” that quenches the “thirst” he describes is satisfied in the person of Jesus. As our children grow to know the Living Water, He guides them in His truth…His ways. And as they hold to Him, follow Him, and know the Truth; the Truth will set them free!
Lord I rejoice that You have come as the light of the world. As my children grow and live in this world, I pray that You will be their light and guide…teaching them Your ways and leading them along the path they should follow. I pray that they will know You as the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Guide them in your truth and teach them. Thank you that your light and love is ever before them. Help them to hold to your teachings, follow you, and continually walk in your truth. Thank you, Jesus, that you have come to bring freedom. I pray that my children will not be burdened by the yoke of slavery, but will know the Truth and the truth will set them free! I pray that they will know Jesus…as a baby, as a boy, in His life’s ministry, and in His death. May they proclaim that the Son has set them free and they are free indeed!
PRAYER POINTS:
I. He is the Truth
Psalm 25:4-5; Psalm 26:3; John 16:12-14
II. Hold to Him—Follow Him
Deuteronomy 5:32-33; Isaiah 30:20-21; Psalm 139:5
III. Freedom
Isaiah 61:1; Galatians 5:1; Ephesians 3; John 8:12,31-32,36
PRAYER POINT Activities:
**Light a candle as a reminder to pray for your child today.
**Take a walk with your child today. As you follow a path, pray as the Lord leads you.
**Write out and personalize a verse listed above. Then pray the verse.
**Use the picture above as a visual guide for praying for your child…ask the Lord to lead you and show you how to pray.
**Draw a timeline for your child and pray through events on the timeline (could be hypothetical or include actual events)
4 comments:
Hillarie, thanks for heading up this prayer journey! I find it a great privilege and joy to be praying for my kids this week. Has anyone but me felt attacked by the evil one this week?!?! I am praying diligently, but I am also feeling MUCH resistance at every turn. Ironically enough, from my kids! ha! Good thing I'm praying!
We have had 3 unusually bad days at home and some pretty BAD days at my husband's work. I am keeping on with my battle armor on. The Lord reigns!
Such a good study and focus for all of you sweet young mothers!....this ollllld one too! :) Since I know how "alone" a young mother can feel at times, I am not only holding my own three daughters up in prayer right now, I am praying for those of you involved in this commitment to pray for your dear children, not just today, but perpetually...it is most certainly a challenge to be faithful, but I can't think of one more necessary and rewarding. God will bless your efforts of due diligence in regard to those precious children and your families! My love and prayers to all involved!
I just read this at night, but I'm super excited to take my boys on a prayer walk tomorrow! What a great illustration of truth and freedom. By the way... I'm so thankful we have the freedom to pray openly and outloud on a walk with our kids.
Man...resistance is right! Press on! I have been praying for you as well this week. I continue to pray that we will hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Mason and I talked tonight about being adopted as children of God and how much God loves us...I said, "he loves you, Mason, even more than I do." Mason said, "Whoa!" Believe it!
Post a Comment