Influence

We've prayed for many good things to surround our children including our Lord's truth, strength, and protection. We desire and pray for them to have a holy environment where they can know the love of God and the freedom that comes with his Spirit. In this, we also realize that as parents we play a large role in our child’s environment.
Today we are going to pray for those people who influence our child--role models, mentors, teachers, and especially parents (yes, pray for yourself). These relationships are created by God and hold great purpose. We are to teach and discipline in ways that do not discourage. We are to be role models in how we love God and love others just as Jesus is our role model. What an overwhelming responsibility, and how often my ability and actions fall short of my hopes and expectations. As in all things we must look to God and pray for him to lead us and work through us in our parenting.
Lord Jesus, we praise you for being the ultimate role model…for showing us what it means to love God first and in doing so loving others with a sacrificial life. I pray you send teachers and role models into my children’s lives who know you as Lord and fervently seek after you. Protect my children from false teachers by exposing that which is not truth. What an awesome thing it is that you have established me as a parent. I confess that I can see how often I fall short of having the ability to discipline and teach, but that when you are my focus I have freedom as a parent.
PRAYER POINTS:
I. Love
Mark 12:30-31; Deuteronomy 30:19-20; Philippians 2:1-12
II. Teach
Proverbs 22:6; Proverbs 19:18; Colossians 3; Romans 13:1; Colossians 1:28
III. Inspire
Psalm 78:1-7; Jeremiah 32:38-41; Matthew 10:37-42
PRAYER POINT Activities:
** Write out and personalize a verse listed above. Then pray the verse.
**Use the picture above as a visual guide for praying for your child…ask the Lord to lead you and show you how to pray.
**Spend some time near a pond…throw rocks in a pond—pray as the Lord leads you.
**Pray at your child’s school.
**Pray with your spouse and/or join with other parents to pray for your children and each other.
1 comment:
Thank you, Donald, for being such a precious husband to my Hillarie, and diligent loving father to our Mason and Haden! I am blessed as they are blessed in knowing that you love the Lord, therefore love them as He guides you.
Thank you for being a part of this particular study and showing your willingness to reveal the things you think in your mind and believe in your heart are important according to God's will as you lead your family.
As I have prayed for the young mothers during these particular days, you have reminded me how diligently I MUST be praying for you fathers as well. Our precious children need YOU fathers in unique ways mothers cannot fulfill!
Post a Comment