Thursday, January 29, 2009

Children and Prayer Challenge--Day 10

TO KNOW

Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.


I love the sweet words of this song and the melody that rings in my ears from the times I have heard children’s voices sing it. Oh how I long for my children to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge! Today our focus word is “Know” as we pray for our children. May we end our 10 days of praying together by interceding for our children to know the love that surpasses knowledge!

Father, thank you that you love my children. I pray Father that they will truly know you…your love and your ways. I treasure in my heart the way that you know them and draw them unto you. Lord, I pray that the eyes of their hearts would be enlighted so that they would know the hope to which you have called them. I pray that they would know what love is: that Jesus Christ laid down his life for us and we ought to lay down our lives for others. May they know you, be known by you, and make you known!


PRAYER POINTS:
I. To KNOW Him
Joel 2:27-32; Ephesians 1:4-10, 16-18; Ephesians 3:14-19; Philippians 1:9-11; Philippians 4:8-11; Colossians 2:2-3
II. To be KNOWN by Him
John 10:14-15,27-28; 1 Corinthians 8:3; Romans 8:26-30
III. To make Him KNOWN
John 13:35; 2 Corinthians 2:14; 2 Corinthians 4:5-7; 1 John 3:16

PRAYER POINT Activities:

**Sing “Jesus Loves Me” with your child
**Write out and personalize a verse listed above. Then pray the verse.
**Choose a verse to put in a familiar place that will remind you to pray for your child.
**Light a candle as a reminder to pray for your child today
**Write out a list of your child’s friends…pray for them and your child’s influence in their lives.
**Draw a picture of the love of Christ

*************************************************************************************

We made it! What a journey it has been and I am so thankful you chose to join me! I pray that the God of hope has filled you with joy and peace as you have trusted Him in prayer for your children. (Romans 15:13) I know that He has plans and purposes far beyond what we have asked or imagined and I anticipate the mighty works He will do in the lives of our children...I hope you do too!

I would love to know: What was your favorite part of the journey? Where did you struggle? What did you learn? What have you already seen in your children? What do you anticipate seeing?






Colossians 2:6
“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthen in the faith as you were taught and overflowing with thankfulness.”

3 comments:

Candace said...

Thanks, Hillarie, for doing this. God has given you many great talents! I would be lying if I said it wasn't a "challenge" to set this specific time out for praying for my kids.
I believe that God gave us children to show us more about Himself. The affection I have for my kids only touches the deep affection He has for us. I am overwhelmed with this. Does He look at us with the same wonder and adoration that I look at my children? So much more...

Amber said...

Hi Hillarie! I was not very faithful in checking your blog every day, but I have printed out all of the days to have on hand so I can not only catch up but keep them close by for later! Thanks!!

JBo said...

Thanks, Hillarie for all your hard work to make it easier for us to pray for our children. :-) I was battling sickness with family members during the 2nd week and so I hardly ever got online. So, I just did it the next week. :-) Thanks a million times over. May God continue to abundantly give you more than you ever ask or imagine. Love, love, love, Jenn