In our time outside this past week, something so sweet has been catching my eye: my shadow. It is one of my favorite things to see my shadow and the outline of my children along with me. Our shadows combine and we appear to be connected...extensions of one another. I love my children so much and am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be their mother. And I love how our shadows are pictures of the love and bond that He has gifted to us in this season!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Favorite Things Friday :: Shadows
We have been playing outside a whole lot this week. Things are finally cooling off a little bit and our boys LOVE to be outside! I love it too. There is just something about the way the sun shines in the Fall...the way the wind blows...the way the birds sing. To me it brings somewhat of a feeling of resolve. We endure the summer, the heat and the busyness, and then suddenly Fall arrives and the tension resolves into a slower pace, a peacefulness, a comfort.
In our time outside this past week, something so sweet has been catching my eye: my shadow. It is one of my favorite things to see my shadow and the outline of my children along with me. Our shadows combine and we appear to be connected...extensions of one another. I love my children so much and am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be their mother. And I love how our shadows are pictures of the love and bond that He has gifted to us in this season!
In our time outside this past week, something so sweet has been catching my eye: my shadow. It is one of my favorite things to see my shadow and the outline of my children along with me. Our shadows combine and we appear to be connected...extensions of one another. I love my children so much and am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be their mother. And I love how our shadows are pictures of the love and bond that He has gifted to us in this season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You hit the feeling of fall right on the head! A comforting resolve =) Love your shadow pics... very cool observation!
Such beautiful pictures Hillarie. I love it how you always pause long enough to take in all that God has to show you!
Post a Comment