Friday, September 4, 2009

Favorite Things Friday--M.I.A

For those of you who follow our Smith Family adventures, sorry to have been M.I.A these last couple of weeks. This transition with our new kindergartener and other life "stuff" has been keeping us moving or needing to be still! With that said, I haven't taken any recent pictures but thought I'd post some that I took a couple of weeks before school started.

As you may know, one of my all time favorite things is my beautiful piano!

Something you may not know, however, is the recent interest that my boys have in the piano. Mason has recently asked to play the piano on a couple of occassions and will sit for 15-20 minutes composing his own music at the piano. He has a real grasp of dynamics and actually plays very peacefully and melodically. It's very beautiful! Haden is also very interested in playing and runs to the room when anyone is playing the piano. He is content, for a short time, standing and playing; but soon wants to sit on the seat and play "for real!"







1 comment:

Candace said...

I love the picture of the boys playing together! How fun that you guys are a musical family.