Monday, February 11, 2008

Calling Out...When God Talks

Tonight with our home group was so good...full of life and truth. We read an article by Henri Nouwen about Solitude and watched a Nooma video called "Noise." Each referred to the story of Elijah in 1 Kings 19 where he is in the presence of the Lord and hears His still small voice. We had great conversations about the "noise" levels in our lives and how easy it is to be so tuned in to those things. In the article we read, he talked about how obedience comes from the word that means listen. The two go hand in hand! One of the guys in our group shared about how he learned in some classes in college that the definition of noise is actually a disruption of communication. Noise keeps us from the listening part of our communication with God. In a book that I am reading, "Secrets of the Secret Place," the author says: "When I talk, nothing happens; when God talks, the universe comes into existence."

I am seeking this position of solitude before the Lord. I am certain that everything changes...miracles happen...when I listen to God and act upon His word. This is the word the Lord gave me tonight:

Psalm 50:7-15 “O my people, listen as I speak. Here are my charges against you, O Israel: I am God, your God!...14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High. 15 Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.”

at 7:52 PM



1 comments:
Magen Roberson said...
good stuff, hill! i keep looking at your blog to see what new stuff you've written and you finally wrote again! keep it up!

No comments: