Life in the Spring
Lastly, one of my favorite things this Spring is a family of birds that are living on our back porch. I caught a little video this week of the birds singing their song! I love that I get to hear their song throughout the day...it's a beautiful reminder of the Life in Spring!
This Spring has brought several experiences of "life" for our family. Rylan's birth, of course, has been top on the list and his added presence in our life has been a treasured blessing. People have some times asked me how the older boys are adjusting to our new little guy...and I must say that's part of the blessing of this season for our family! Mason loves to talk to Rylan and is a good care taker! Just yesterday he helped to calm Rylan down in the car when he was crying...such a great big brother! Haden asks where the baby is every morning...loves to read books to Rylan...and kisses him goodnight on his head. I love all the elements of this new life!
Several weeks ago Donald found a huge caterpillar in the backyard.
He and Mason decided to put it in a butterfly cage that we have and watch it turn into a butterfly...or moth, as we found out.
Over the course of a couple of weeks we watched the caterpillar climb to the top of the cage and we watched it become a pupa then (this past week) a moth. It was a fun experience in the cycle of life! (Oh, and by the way, if you see a caterpillar like that you shouldn't touch it because it can hurt ya!)
Our Giant Leopard Moth
Lastly, one of my favorite things this Spring is a family of birds that are living on our back porch. I caught a little video this week of the birds singing their song! I love that I get to hear their song throughout the day...it's a beautiful reminder of the Life in Spring!

1 comment:
What a beautiful baby boy! I hope you are enjoying the sweet moments!
Post a Comment