Friday, November 13, 2009

The Place to Be!


I have been trying to allow God to teach me more about Himself through my interactions with my children. Mason and Haden both do and say great things that remind me of the character of God and His love and interactions with us, His children. I am hoping to share some of what I learn!

This week I have been hearing about different revivals that have broken out in a couple of cities where some of my friends live. God is doing some really exciting things and people's lives are being completely changed! In hearing the testimonies of their experiences, I have longed to be a part of something exciting. As I've shared before, I sometimes feel like I live in a pretty small world that is very routine (and necessarily so!). In the midst of my longing, God is reminding me that He is in my small little world with me and has planted me in this place...this season...for a purpose.

I am reminded of this as I watch the season changing here in our little town. We are enjoying the beauty of this Fall season! The weather has been AMAZING the last week or so! We have spent lots of time with the windows open and playing outside. In watching the joy my boys find in this season, I am reminded of some verses in Ecclesiastes 3 and that God has planted us here for a time such as this! This is the place to be!

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.







1 comment:

Amber said...

Wait, wait, wait! How/why did I not know you are expecting again? Did I just miss that blog? :)

I have always loved the names Hayden and Rylan together. Too cool :)