Monday, June 1, 2009

Re-Register and Replace

It is anniversary season. Right around the end of May and into June our friends start talking about their anniversary plans. We're coming up on our 9 year anniversary this year! We don't have any special plans yet, but are excited to celebrate 9 years.


The other day I was talking to my neighbor, Candace, and we decided that it would be nice to "re-register" on our 10 year anniversaries. It was so nice to receive all the kitchen gadgets and dishes and things when we got married, but as the years have gone by those things are starting to fall a part:

Like this chair.
(It fell apart on Saturday night...unfortunately for my neighbor who was enjoying his evening in the comforts of this 9 year old chair.)

I think that I might keep a running tally of the things that are falling apart at our house after 10 long years of marriage. And next year, maybe all our friends will feel sorry enough for us to shower us with replacement gifts! :)

Here's to 9 fun and active years!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on 9 years! It goes by fast doesn't it?

Owlz Softball said...

I like your idea. Eight years for us tomorrow. Congrats on 9...it has gone fast.

Angela said...

We're right there with you Hillarie...literally! I always think of y'all on our anniversary! I agree, things are definitely falling apart that we got for our wedding - I like your idea. ;)

Congrats on 9 years of marriage and the 2 beautiful boys that are the result!

Candace said...

I love how you can laugh at him when he falls down breaking your chair. What a friend! Congrats on 9years!