Thursday, April 9, 2009

How four semesters in Engineering came in handy...

Mason is out of school until next week because of the Easter holiday. I LOVE having him home! This morning after our morning breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes I asked him what fun thing he'd like to do today. He said, "I want to make a craft!" I got online to look up a fun Easter craft and found some at Kaboose.com. I showed him pictures of some tissue paper flowers and a basket we could make and decorate that fit the spring season and would be fun to put together. He sort of agreed and we headed upstairs to the craft station to work.



Little did I know his little mind was already at work trying to figure out how to use the materials we had to invent something. Next thing I know, we are no longer on a mission to create flowers and a basket...we are on a mission to create a pulley and elevator that could raise his super heroes (and anything else we could find) from the first floor to the second floor and back! We were on to a new and better project and what was intended to be used for flowers would now be a parachute for Batman, and what was intended to be used for a flower basket would now be a very efficient elevator basket.


So, I am thankful to know that my four semesters in Engineering can be put to use in a moment's notice to keep up with my little guy and his engineering mind.


On to new adventures...

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Way to go Mason and Mommy! Grammie totally loves this story, my precious Hillarie, and my adorable Mason Phillip! How fun for you both, and what a blessing you are to me! Thank you for the peek into your day :)

Sugars and squeeeeeezes!!!
Mom/Grammie :)